Thursday, May 29, 2008

Observation # 7

May 28, 2008
Site: The Cottenwood Park Pond
Time: 2:58PM
Temperature: Warmish at times and coldish at times
Weather: It was really dark is the sky at times and then a light blue at other times and patchy cloudes and wind every now and then
Soil: Very moist from the recent rains

Things look very similar to the way they did the last time I did an observation. The only difference is the weather, though it is still raining. And, there are lots of dandilions that have poped up along the shore of the pond. The water is still flowing, but there is not as much of it as there was previously, but it is still flowing strong, and the water level in the pond is the same. Also, I observed A LOT of robins. They were standing along the edges of the shore looking like they were eating. Next, one robin started to clean it's feathers by going a little into the water and shaking and cleaning itself. I guess the other robins thought that it was a good idea, so they began to clean themselves, too. Pretty soon there was three birds cleaning themselves in the pond. Them, there were robins in the aspen trees! I thought they were maybe looking for a nest but they could not have been. I also heard a weird whistling bird that I have heard before, but I am not sure what organism it is. I also heard frogs and the other birds that I have heard before.

No comments: