Sunday, May 11, 2008

Observation #2

Sunday May 11, 2008
Site: The Cottenwood Park Pond
Time: 12:59 PM
Temperature: 62 Degrees F
Weather: Cold! The sky is very overcast and it is looking like it may rain soon
Soil: The soil is still dry, just not as dry as it was for my first observation

When I arrived at my site, there were millions (or so it seamed) of birds chirping. I could not really distingush the different types of birds, but there was about five different sounds. The only birds I could see were little black birds, and I drew a picture of one. They are small and they are eating things out of the ground, maybe worms. When I went closer to look, they flew away. What kind of birds were they? On the trees, there are still the furry little caterpillar-looking buds. The pond was still dry, so I went to look up-stream 112 strides where I first found water previously. The water was almost flowing here! i wonder if it is because of the rain. Further up-stream, the water was full on flowing, and this was before the green thing that was blocking the water course. The main stream has much more water in it and is flowing very fast. The green thing is still intact, but there is still water flowing around it. It is only a matter of time before my pond is filled up and is rich in biodiversity! Hooray!

5 comments:

SarahR said...

hi danika!!! yup ur sitting next to me. and im leaving a comment just so i can pretend im being productive. which im not. becuase tht cute little beaver is more interesting than gay ducks. hmm. ha. btww i had a dream about u. actually not. lol

Ms. Overly said...

Good description of your area as well as asking questions about your area. Maybe form some hypothesis regarding these questions and start to identify some of the organisms (both plant and animal) in your area. Proof read for small typos!

mackenzie said...

um ricky. you still spelled cottenwood wrong. that means that you are even dumber then i thought.... and thats a HUGE problem!

mackenzie said...

oh wow! really original! youre so smart it blows me away!

mackenzie said...

what the hell is that supposed to mean?!?!? haha ya you better take that back or i will beat you like a monkey eats a barrle of pickle juice!!! YA THAT JUST HAPPENED!